Foundation in Information Technology (FIT)
How do I register for FIT ?
Please use the following links to download the application and payment vouchers and submit the duly filled application and the payments vouchers to the FIT office. Each candidate will receive a registration number along with the user name and password to login into the LMS (Learning Management System). http://fit.bit.lk/lms
- Payment voucher I, Payment voucher II
- Examination Application Form
- Re-registration Form
Objectives of the FIT programme
- Create Computer Awareness and provide basic computer literacy to any person interested in obtaining such knowledge
- Encourage users to obtain skills in commercial ICT applications that are used widely in current working environments
- Encourage Internet access and use the facilities available in the Internet for gaining knowledge in various disciplines and use of Internet in communication
- Provide computer skills required by the BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) industry
- Improve mathematical knowledge of those intending to pursue higher studies in ICT
- Improve English Communication skills for higher studies or for gaining meaningful employment in ICT
- Facilitate those who do not have advanced level (G.C.E. A/L) qualifications to enroll in the BIT degree programme conducted by UCSC.
Medium of Examinations is English.
The examinations would be as follows:
|Course Code||Duration of e-test||Duration of practical test|
|FIT 101||2 Hr||1 Hr|
|FIT 201||2 Hr||1 Hr|
|FIT 301||2 Hr||No test|
There will be a computer based (e-test) on each course. Those who pass these e-tests would be called for practical tests (except for the course FIT 301).
The practical tests would consist of the following components:
- FIT 101 (ICT Applications) – Keyboard skills, Document Formatting, Data Analysis, Presenting Data, Managing Databases, Surfing and Communicating on the net.
- FIT 201 (English for ICT) – Listening, Speaking and Writing
(Effective from 01st January 2008)
|Course Code||Course Name|
|FIT 101||ICT Applications|
|FIT 201||English for ICT|
|FIT 301||Mathematics for ICT|
Programme Fees (For Sri Lankan Citizens)
(Valid for one calendar year)
|Examination Fees (e-Test)||FIT 101||FIT 201||FIT 301|
|Rs. 750/=||Rs. 750/=||Rs. 750/=|
|Fees for practical examinations||Rs. 1000/=||Rs. 1000/=||-|
Applications and payment vouchers could be downloaded from the FIT website, http://fit.bit.lk
Once the duly filled applications and the payment vouchers are submitted to the BIT office, each candidate will receive his/her registration number along with the username and password to login to the LMS (Learning Management System).
External Degrees Centre of UCSC, 221/2A, Dharmapala Mawatha
Colombo 07 Tel: +94-11-4720511 Fax: +94-11-2682331